When getting involved in international commerce, it’s necessary to have in mind the international regulations, since this will define a correct negotiation of the products your company is going to acquire.
In order to have clear concepts, it is important that we first define what import is: it is the introduction of goods of foreign origin to the national customs territory. Also the introduction of merchandise from the Industrial Free Zone, to the rest of the national customs territory.
In the case of CompuOffers and your company, it is the introduction of remanufactured computers to the national territory of your country.
What are the Incoterms?
The Incoterms are the terms of International Commerce that define the responsibilities of each side in the negotiations, such as documents, transportation, freight and insurance.
What is it for?
Detail the obligations, the risks and the related costs with the process of exportation from seller to the buyer
- Ex Work or EXK
- Free Carrier or FCA
- Carriage Paid To or CPT
- Carriage and Insurance Paid To or CIP
- Delivered At Terminal or DAT
- Delivered At Place or DAP
- Delivered Duty Paid or DDP
- Free Alongside Ship or FAS
- Free on Board or FOB
- Cost and Freight or CFR
- Cost, Insurance and Freight or CIF
6 benefits of the INCOTERMS
- Clearly define which are the rights and obligations of the parties involved in an international negotiation.
- Show the compromise from both parties (buyer and seller).
- Allow both parties to see in which situation it will cause risk in an operation.
- Take care only of the relation between seller and buyer in international relations.
- They are recognized throughout the world.
- Determine the legal instance to which a controversy or litigation can be solved.
For personalized advisory in the importation of remanufactured computers, please, communicate with us in firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a text to +1(305)4976357, or by our social media, Facebook, and Instagram.