If you are involved in the used technology market, you should know that the sector is expected to grow significantly by 2026. In the case of Venezuela, it is a country that has had a prolonged economic crisis, which has affected the local industry, especially in the production of consumer goods, including computers. As a result, it is necessary to import these goods to meet the demand of wholesale and retail customers and companies that contribute to making technology more accessible to all.
In addition, the importation of used computers and laptops has promoted employment in Venezuela and has generated business opportunities for new and old distributors.
In this order of ideas, CompuOffers shares with you 5 tips to import used computers wholesale from the United States if you are in Venezuela.
5 tips for importing remanufactured computers from the United States
1. Select the ideal product offer for your market
Knowing the behavior and needs of your niche market is essential to decide the quantity and characteristics of the equipment you plan to purchase wholesale. To give you an idea, it is one thing to supply computers to other distributors and another to sell them to corporate clients or end customers. If you are focused, for example, on large institutions, this type of customer will probably require desktop computers with mid-range processors, 329 GB hard disk and 4 GB RAM.
In other words, there are diverse market niches that you may want to serve such as medium level private schools and universities, hospitals, call centers, large computer centers, internet rooms and large and small companies. To do so, you will have to evaluate the needs of each one and assemble your lots or containers according to those considerations.
2. Know the Incoterms
International Commercial Terms or Incoterms are standardized terms used in international commercial transactions to define the responsibilities of the parties in the delivery of goods. Thus, Incoterms are issued by the International Chamber of Commerce and are used to clarify the scope of obligations of sellers and buyers in relation to transportation, delivery and transfer of risk.
Therefore, any distributor of remanufactured computers wishing to import with CompuOffers should be aware of these terms to avoid inconvenience in their process.
The following are some of the benefits of Incoterms:
- They establish the obligations and responsibilities of the parties regarding transportation, delivery and transfer of risk, which helps to avoid misunderstandings and reduce the risk of legal problems.
- Their standardization facilitates negotiation and mutual understanding of each party’s obligations.
- They help determine who is responsible for costs related to transportation and delivery of goods, which is especially important for importers.
- They provide clarity on delivery terms, which helps to avoid misunderstandings and ensure that the parties are aligned on delivery expectations.
- They allow payment terms to be established, which is especially important for importers, as it allows them to better plan their finances.
3. Find out about Venezuelan import regulations
Validating Venezuela’s import regulations is important because it helps ensure that all legal requirements and regulations necessary to import products into the country are met, which can prevent legal problems or penalties. In addition, it can help ensure that the appropriate tariffs and taxes are met, which helps maximize the economic benefits of importing..
In this sense, when traders of remanufactured computers are aware of the regulations, they enforce the safety and quality conditions necessary to ensure that imported products are suitable for consumption and do not harm the environment, as is the case of the products exported by CompuOffers that are part of the Circular Economy.
It should be clarified that imports in Venezuela are regulated by the National Integrated Customs and Tax Administration Service (SENIAT), the agency responsible for the administration of customs, taxes and duties related to imports and exports in the country.
To access all SENIAT information, click here: www.declaraciones.seniat.gob.ve
4. Plan and execute your strategy according to import times
Before and during the import process it is necessary that as an entrepreneur you identify the strategic, commercial, logistical and advertising factors that you will have to implement to supply your business and make an effective distribution to your customers in their country. For example:
- Research the market to understand the demand for imported technology, prices and competition.
- Define the quantity of lots, containers and characteristics of the computers you will import. Select brands such as Dell, Lenovo, Hp, Apple and the hardware and software characteristics of the remanufactured equipment you plan to acquire to sell in Venezuela.
- Analyze potential suppliers to ensure that they meet quality standards and comply with legal and regulatory requirements. For example, you can review CompuOffers’ offerings and history in the market and receive personalized advice.
- Know the cost of the technology to be imported, taxes and duties, and logistics costs.
- Prepares documentation and complies with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Make a strategic commercial and advertising plan to boost sales in Venezuela and reach your target audience effectively.
- Monitor and evaluate the import process together with your supplier. At CompuOffers, for example, we accompany you throughout the import process.
It is important to remember that import times for computers, laptops, All-in-Ones and monitors from the United States can take between 1 to 3 months. Therefore, you can take advantage of this time to finalize details and prepare the ideal scenario for the arrival of the merchandise.
5. Choose an importer that becomes your strategic ally in the United States
The best way to import computers is through a direct importer like CompuOffers which is also a strategic ally of distributors in Venezuela.
We are leaders in the export of remanufactured computers and laptops from Miami, Florida, USA to all over the world and for more than 15 years we have been working with distributors from different countries around the world and we are ready to offer you remanufactured, tested and working computers from the best brands in the world.
When you import with an ally like CompuOffers you can obtain certain advantages over your competition, increase your profitability and have the confidence that you will be buying from an international company that knows the market and will accompany you efficiently in the process.
Import used computers wholesale from Venezuela!
Receive personalized advice from our team
Visit us in Miami, Florida, United States